For the final video, I am preparing a bigger structure of body meshes, on which I am planning to apply as textures real footage that I captured in Athens and virtual animated elements.
After editing the video footage in After Effects and Final Cut Pro, I made more 3D scans of body volumes using Agisoft Photoscan this time, so that I have material to build the final mesh. Next, I started building and editing the final piece in Maya, so that I can combine the volumes and give them a liquid connectivity feeling.
The final mesh, with a simple transparent colour material applied, looks like this:
I made some experiments with applying different still textures, changing their transparency and lighting each time, to see what works and have a basic idea for the animation afterwards. This time, controlling the result took more time, as the fact that there are more body meshes in the piece made it more difficult to find the appropriate combination of materials and lights. However, I think I found a couple of combinations that work nicely, and I am planning to start building the animated piece.